Friday, February 28, 2014

Welcome to BYU!

You are now an official, legitimate, awesome, even more awesome FRESHMAN.
How sweet is that??
The Cougarettes
I remember when I got accepted into BYU.  I screamed.  Okay, it was really more of a squeal.  Point is, I was excited.
I had been babysitting my bishop's kids all night and I had been trying to connect to their internet with no progress.  These were the days before legit smartphones (I had a blackberry, that was not legit at all) so I had no way to check my email.  Not that I had any idea I was going to get that very special email.
Anyway, I got home and was sitting in my living room.  My mom was upstairs getting ready for bed, and I was sitting next to my dad.  I nearly had a panic attack when I realized I was admitted and that my dream had come true.  My biggest motivating factor in high school was getting to BYU and I had done it.  
And now you have done it.
While you may not be a squealing, excitable, high school senior, chances are your life just changed.  Now, you are a college student.
Brigham Young Statue

College is a completely different beast from high school, which is awesome and terrifying.  That's why I'm here!  My name is Katie (if you haven't gotten that yet) and I'm a peer mentor at BYU.  I'm here to make those terrifying moments exciting and make those awesome moments even more awesome.  I'm here to answer questions, respond to worries, be excited, and more.
Now I know you're super pumped to just do something "collegey" so I'll give you a task.  Go to onestop.byu.edu and look at the New Student ChecklistThis will be your best friend (well, second best friend because I'm the first) before you arrive at BYU.  It has all of the practical information you need.
Have questions?  Comment below or email me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment